Sunday, January 17, 2016

Biography

My name is Nathan Perry and I am an aboriginal Metis born and raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I graduated from Maples Collegiate in 2001. I am currently enrolled in Business Administration at Red River College. I became interested in business after my summer employment with Royal Bank of Canada’s Aboriginal Stay in School Program. I was in this program for three summers and I am very thankful for that opportunity. This experience helped me in deciding that the business field was an excellent career choice.


Attending college influences me in many positive ways. My communication skills have improved, and my overall knowledge in business has made me more confident in pursuing this career. My strength in being self-motivated and the ability to adapt are my greatest strengths. My weaknesses however are that I am easily distracted by out of school affairs. For example being pressured financially has given me a definite negative experience. I am living with my mother, who is also a student, and is struggling financially. This constant distraction makes it difficult to focus on my studies. Now that I am approaching my third year at Red River, I am in search of funding to help me overcome these obstacles. If I receive funding, I will be grateful for the assistance, and will strive for achievement. After attaining my certificate I am confident I will obtain full employment.   

No comments:

Post a Comment